The Mechanical Designer works under the direction of the Project Manager and also utilizes independent judgment to perform the day-to-day project duties of designing, developing and releasing deliverables. This includes detail & assembly drawings and related bills-of material used in the fabrication of equipment for petrochemical, power generation and gas compression (largely assemblies for fluid & gas handling). Primary responsibility involves generating design plans utilizing Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD software. This position requires a high level of attention to detail. You will be trained in API equipment design standards.
- Create / maintain piping arrangement drawings (Top assembly and Piping module) using P&ID and customer specifications consisting of however not limited to; 3D models, detail drawings, spool drawings & bill of materials.
- Create and maintain project files using departmental resources and best practices.
- Conduct model design reviews with both internal resources as well as externally with customers and project management.
- Record needed changes during design review processes and ensure they are communicated to the project team using departmental resources / best practices.
- Provide manufacturing support related to published designs and released design documentation as required.
- Execute other tasks as assigned
- Ability to travel when required
- Domestic travel is possible.
- Associates Degree in Computer Aided Design and Drafting or equivalent
- Knowledge of 3D Parametric CAD
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications; including Word and Excel.
- Detail oriented with a solid understanding of drafting standards, design fundamentals, and related fabrication processes.
- Prior experience using Autodesk Inventor and/or Routed Systems
- Prior experience using Autodesk AutoCAD 2D.
- A showcase portfolio of your past work
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Benefit package which includes: Medical, Dental, Supplemental Insurance, 401K, Company Paid Life Insurance, Paid Time Off and Holiday Time Off